Tuesday, February 3, 2015

July to the Milwaukee Art Museum and Nashville for Alpha Chi Executive Council Meeting



Milwaukee Art Museum

In the middle of July, Linda and I visited--my first time--the Milwaukee Art Museum to see the featured show on the famous Russian artist Wassily Kandinski.  

Lots of folks made pretty much certain that no pictures got taken--many, of course, did, but I
decided not to push my luck!  But I did take pictures of the museum inside the atrium and outside of the structure:  the sails furl each evening.

We will make a return trip in a year or two to this beautiful building and its contents.


I presently serve as VP for Alpha Chi, a National Honor Society, Secretary/Treasurer for Region IV, and the Alpha Chi sponsor for Peru State College:  along with Michelle Lee and Joanna Cielocha.

The national council, five of us, met in Nashville to plan this year's Alpha Chi Conference in Chicago that will feature as Alpha Chi's Distinguished Alumni, as matters turned out, Peru State Graduate Ruben Ironhorse Kent.

I love working the the Alpha Chi people and enjoyed the quick and busy trip to Nashville.  We dined at a couple excellent and inexpensive places, but my favorite was Mas Tacos Por Favor, a small Mexican restaurant that attracts substantial crowds, and for good reasons.





No comments: