Sunday, September 25, 2011

Apple Valley Fun


This past Monday, September 19, I had the pleasure to serve as the guest speaker for the Apple Valley Reading Council meeting at the Lutheran Church in Auburn.

This group has met previously at Peru State College, most recently in both 2007 and 2008. The emphasis of this group of concerned educators falls upon literacy.

I talked with the members about the Peru to Peru connection, both the group of people who flew to Peru, NE, from Lima, Peru, and my trip to Peru, South America, this summer.

I enjoy my association with these dedicated individuals and hope that The Apple Valley Reading Council will once again hold meetings at Peru State College, for these people have a lot to offer our students who will enter the teaching profession.

No comments: