Thursday, April 16, 2009

Madrigal Singers on Broadway, April 14

The Peru State College Madrigal Singers

At 7:30 Tuesday evening, Dr. Tom Ediger once again directed the colorful Madrigal Singers in another excellent production of Broadway hits from Les Miserables, South Pacific, and many other productions.

The large and energized crowd responded with glee to familiar songs such as "Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better" and "I Enjoy Being a
Girl."

To get a feel for some of the color and fun that informed the 75-minute show, check out the photographs from the show that include group shots taken the previous evening.

I also created a video (for best results, use the preceding link and click "HQ" for best quality) that includes three songs from one of my favorite Broadway Shows, Rogers and Hammerstein's South Pacific: "You are Beautiful," I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of My Hair," and There is Nothing Like a Dame."

The video also features some of the photographs linked earlier.

Enjoy the show!








No comments: