Friday, October 7, 2016

Words for Birds at Audubon Central



In the middle of April, I took part in Words for Birds, a new program at Spring Creek Prairie for adults and children.

Nebraska poet Roy Scheele worked with the adult group, and I enjoyed the opportunity to work with three remarkable young ladies. 
 
Twyla Hansen served as the MC along with poet Amy Plettner. 

I posted some photographs from the first of many such events at beautiful  Spring Creek Prairie.

Eight youngsters had signed up for the children's section, but I suspect the potential for rain kept some away--they missed out on a lot of fun. The three young ladies read  Barn Owl poems and others--we utilized a poem about Barn Owls by my friend, the late Nebraska poet Don. Welch.

 I hope that this event becomes annual. Congratulations to all who took part.



 

No comments: