Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sandhill Cranes at Wood River



Not long after returning from my adventure in northwestern Nebraska and Rowe Sanctuary, I went on March 8 to visit the sanctuary at Wood River with Deb Clopton.  Neither of us had visited this special place before.

I took a few pictures from the area to which I plan to return in the spring of 2015.

I took great pleasure from our fellow visitors, many of the folks responsible for the printing of The Prairie Fire, which just that
week had published my article, "Birding in and Around Peru Nebraska Fields, Water, Hills and Woods."  What a pleasure to meet them all.

I will also write another article, Part Two,
about my work with birds and creative writing, among other educational activities.

Owing to the poor lighting, the video of the evening's birds leaves something to be desired.  But what a beautiful evening.




No comments: