Thursday, October 8, 2009

St Peter's Literature Festival, October 4-5.



On Sunday afternoon of October 4, 2:00-5:00, at St. Peter's Catholic School, I took part in an entertaining event, Lattes for Literature, as part of the school's third Literature Festival.


I also took part in the second festival two years ago and posted information about the fun at this blog entry. In fact, this year marked my third Literature Festival at the school, and I have enjoyed working with the youngsters.


On Sunday, I showed my bird video made for the Nemaha County Business Alliance and talked with parents and youngsters about my program--and made a few converts to bird fun.




Mike Mennard, pictured on the left, provided entertainment for all the youngsters, with his "Wacky, Family-friendly Children's Music," which includes songs about Nebraska and subjects such as the tragic tale of eating year-old pizza.

I posted photographs from Lattes for Literature.


The next day, I first attended the opening ceremonies in the gymnasium full of excited youngsters, including some very special guests, from Nebraska State Poet Bill Kloefkorn to Lil' Red and some members of the Husker football team.


In the photograph on the left, Bill Kloefkorn signs the shirts of students his visit energized.

I do not think that Bill got much time for lunch.

As the collected photographs from Monday indicate, everyone involved in the festival left the events with smiles.


My day included four fifty-minute sessions of looking at bird
photographs, coloring bird pictures, and writing poems.

The youngsters will eventually send me some of their coloring and writing, which I will share here, so come back for another look.

Sister Mary Agnes' fifth graders sent some coloring they did of a Cedar Waxwing--I left coloring-book pages and an 8 X 10 of a waxing for inspiration though they had the option to make the bird any colors they liked.
















1 comment:

Unknown said...

What's up, nice web page you possess here.
Buy Minocin Online