Wednesday, January 7, 2015

With Gina Bitner's Class at PSC and Calvert Elementary School in Auburn








For the past couple springs, I talked with students in Gina Bitner's EDUC 290 class about Picture Books and other matters.

In late April, I returned to  Dr. Gina Bitner's
class EDUC 290 class to hear her special guest, awarding-winning author Julia Cook. I am glad I went. The students in the class wrote and illustrated picture books. 

And the following Tuesday, I enjoyed a couple hours at  Calvert Elementary school where the college students  read with groups of youngsters the Picture Books that had all created. 




As the photographs from Julia Cook's presentation of Peru State and those I took at Calvert Elementary suggests, imaginative things occur when enthusiastic learners come together.

I look forward to a return trip to the Auburn elementary school in the spring of 2015.



No comments: