Monday, February 14, 2011

Marat and Sade and the Peru State Theater Company




Thursday, February 10, through Sunday, February 13, the Peru State Theater company performed for enthusiastic crowds Peter Weiss' Marat and Sade.

I attended the play on opening night and took a series of photographs after the compelling performance by Peru State College students.  As always, feel free to download images that appeal to you.


In addition, I filmed a few scenes from Marat and Sade on two separate videos posted in HD on You Tube.  Part One covers action until the intermission,  and Part Two includes material leading to the play's conclusion.

You will find, I think, that reading about this play--that the wonderful Peter Brook directed in 1964--will fascinate you and help you appreciate what everyone connected with the Peru State Theater Company achieved in their depiction of this demanding work.










1 comment:

Kenneth Proudfoot said...

Hi-
Just saw Mark Klemetstrud as Theodore Roosevelt from 8/11/2001on C-Span-3 this morning. He was FANTASTIC!

I then went on Google to see what else he had done and where and when he might appear somewhere and on your site was shocked to read his obituary and find I''d missed him by almost two years---:-(

I just watched your short videos of him as Clarence Darrow. Wonderful!
Belated condolences to your theater family.
I did not know him as you all knew him, but I miss him now, too.

Ken Proudfoot
Wickford, Rhode Island
kennethproudfoot@gmail.com